Contact Harris Environmental Consulting for your on-site wastewater, stormwater, erosion & sediment control or bushfire assessment needs.

02 4236 0954
  • Home
  • About Us
        • Subdivisions

        • Whenever a boundary is altered (made smaller or changed) in a residential or rural residential area planning controls for subdivision is required (if two or more existing lots are consolidated this is not considered a subdivision).

        • Rezoning Reports

        • Bushfire Assessments are prepared as part of a rezoning in a bushfire prone area.

        • Infill Development

        • An Infill Development involves new house, alterations and additions in pre-existing subdivisions.

        • Special Fire Protection Purpose Developments

        • Any proposals involving schools, hospitals, bed and breakfast accommodation, eco-tourism, housing for older people, retirement villages, childcare centres, music festivals are considered particularly vulnerable during bushfires and are therefore required to meet some specific requirements. In particular, an emergency/evacuation plan is considered an important component of the strategy to plan for any bushfire risk. The consent authority is the local council but only after the RFS has issued a BUSHFIRE SAFETY AUTHORITY.

        • Complying Development

        • Check your 149 certificate to see if you need a Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) risk assessment.

  • Water Cycle Management Studies
  • On-Site Waste Water Management
  • Floating Wetlands
  • Contact

Bushfire Hazard Assessment

Harris Environmental are Bushfire Planning and Design (BPAD) Accredited Practitioners and can provide you with a wide range of bushfire hazard assessments. We have provided assessments and BAL reports to builders, developers, surveyors, planners, architects as well as directly to clients.

Bushfire assessments are required if a development site is on BUSHFIRE PRONE LAND and the type of assessment depends on the proposal.

Rezoning Reports

There are certain requirements that must be met regarding bushfire. The RFS is consulted prior to exhibition and the department of planning and infrastructure (DoPI) determines compliance with the direction.

Read More
Infill Developments

You need a bushfire assessment report if your proposed infill development is located within or near to bushfire prone land.

Read More
Complying Development

Complying and Development is development which complies with specified pre-determined development standards contained in the relevant environmental plan instrument

Read More
Special Fire Protection Purposes Development

Schools, childcare centres, hospitals, tourist accommodation, community centres, retirement villages are are included in this classification.

Read More

Bushfire Hazard Assessment for Subdivision is classed as an integrated development and requires an authority consent from the RFS.

Read More

Contact us

We'd love to hear from you

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram